NEW - Wirecast Rendezvous | Multi-site production with remote guests
- Easily bring in remote guests without additional hardware or software for the guest
- Send them a link and they can join on a smart device or Chrome/Firefox browser
- Add up to 2 guests in Studio, 7 guests in PRO (Note: Subject to available bandwidth)
- Screen share and Tally lights
- Companion iOS app (Wirecast Go) for mobile guests
NEW - Completely NEW rendering engine
- Huge performance increases
- (WIN) Upgrade to Direct 3D 11
- Added Z-rotation
- Resize, rotate, and crop handles directly in the Preview Window.
- Asset Snap-to-grid, Guidelines, and Centering.
- Add Reflection and/or Drop Shadow to any source.
NEW - Multi-Viewer Output System
- Support for up to 17 slot multi-viewer output (up to 4 in Studio) to any attached display.
- Send different configurations (1x, 2x, 4x, 10x, 17x) to different monitors.
NEW - Multi-Channel Audio Ingest
- Support for up to 16 channels of input via each connected professional audio interface, each NDI source, and/or each capture card input with embedded audio.
NEW - Multi-Track Audio Support (Pro only) – up to 8 tracks
- Multi-language streaming.
- Multi-language recordings.
- Isolate audio sources for post-production.
- Behind-the-scenes or other commentary track support.
NEW - Major encoding engine upgrade
- Substantially less system resource usage for most content when encoding with x264.
- Higher quality x264 encoding.
- Tighter bit rate variations when utilizing CBR (constant bit rate).
NEW - Automatic color space matrix with options for override
- No more washed out looking sources, Wirecast will auto detect the color space and apply any appropriate conversions to maintain color quality throughout the entire workflow.
NEW - NewBlue Titler Live 3 - Complete titling suite with social media titling templates, sports templates, and much more.
- Free live Facebook comments with Titler Live 3:
- Express – Free with Wirecast 8 Studio purchase
- Present – Free with Wirecast 8 Pro purchase
- Curate and push live comments from any web browser on your network.
- Animate comments as they fly in or out.
- Upgrade to Social or Complete to add Youtube and Twitter.
- Updated, expanded, and improved Titler Live modules.
- Express – Free with Wirecast 8 Studio – Includes templates for many common titling needs. Does not include Title Designer.
- Sport – Sports titles and graphics, scoreboards, integration with Sportzcast live scoreboard data sources.
- Social – Display social messages through high-end, animated designs from Twitter, Facebook and Youtube. Even poll your audience in real-time, displaying results graphically.
- Present – Free with Wirecast 8 Pro – Everything you need to title and produce live shows, events, conferences, church streams, etc.
- Complete – All the above for a complete titling solution for any event.
NEW - NEW Transitions
- 23 included live transitions.
- NEW ‘Smooth’ transition features allow curve types and animation effects like ‘spring’.
NEW - (WIN) Implement WASAPI Audio Capture
- Reduced audio latency and increased channel support compared to Direct Sound.
- Support for NEWer WASAPI only multi-channel audio devices.
NEW - (WIN) Implement ASIO Audio Ingestion
- Support for the industry standard Windows pro audio API.
NEW - (MAC) Added Syphon client support for Mac
- Improved quality and performance over macOS native functionality when capturing Syphon enabled apps on macOS (Adobe After effects and Character Animator, Many VJ tools, Unity engine, and many more).
NEW - NEW Clock, Timer, and Stopwatch Source
- World clock, time and date functionality - all completely customizable.
- Start, stop, and reset with the click of a mouse.
NEW - Add option to override automatic format detection in capture cards
- Now you can override the automatic detection system and specify the exact setting you need for your workflow.
NEW - De-interlacing hot toggle
- De-interlacing can now be toggled per source in the moment. No need to restart the app.
NEW - Add support for .WebM files
- Support for the popular .WebM format when bringing in media files.
NEW - Add support for Sony XAVC-S video format
- Support for the popular XAVC-S format used in Sony cameras.
NEW - Replay - Option to mute audio during playback
- Now, you can set your replay files to include audio, without having to manually mute each replay clip when used in a live setting with narration. Great for enhancing your post-production workflow.
NEW - Wirecast Go iOS App
- iOS only, updated and improved
- Integrates with Rendezvous natively
- Replaces Wirecast Cam for Lan/WiFi camera use
Fixes & Improvements
- IMPROVED - [Facebook] Logout option to clear security information
- IMPROVED - [Facebook] Improve filtering of the With (Sponsor) field to display better results
- IMPROVED - [Facebook] Update hyperlinks in Advanced Options to a graphical icon
- IMPROVED - [Facebook] Highlight first entry in search fields by default
- IMPROVED - [Facebook] Improve readability of highlighted text for search fields on Mac
- IMPROVED - [Facebook] Improve responsiveness when switching events on Mac in 8.0 builds.
- IMPROVED - [Facebook] Add warning dialog to the "Delete Event" button
- IMPROVED - [Facebook] Test for stale URLs (i.e. one that cannot be streamed to) when validating Facebook settings
- IMPROVED - (WIN) Put cursor at the end of the field when using Enter to accepting a search value
- IMPROVED - (WIN) Refactor Virtual Microphone / Camera Installation & Registration
- IMPROVED - Add a "Select All" menu item to allow users to select all sources in Preview
- IMPROVED - Add a link to download Remote Desktop Presenter from the add sources menu if it isn't installed yet
- IMPROVED - Add boxed icon for virtual microphone toggle
- IMPROVED - Add Select All and Unselect All buttons to the "Edit Visible Destinations" window.
- IMPROVED - Add Twitter Source to Plus button in shot inspector
- IMPROVED - Allow simultaneous CPU and GPU buffers during output
- IMPROVED - Asynchronous media file indexing
- IMPROVED - Audio Mixer: Click 'R' to pan to 50R / Click 'L' to pan to 50L
- IMPROVED - Change arrow cursor to hand cursor when hovering over the "Click for help..." links in "Facebook Advanced Options"
- IMPROVED - Delay the "missing sources" prompt a second or two after opening a document
- IMPROVED - Do not include dynamic outputs in the logic that determines the canvas size.
- IMPROVED - Double clicking the vertical split bar between the preview and live panels should toggle between a 75% split and a 50% split
- IMPROVED - Eliminate 3 second wait when adding new video sources
- IMPROVED - Include ”http://" by default in Web Display
- IMPROVED - Increase Default Font Size & Change default color to White
- IMPROVED - Make newly added video sources scale to fit by default.
- IMPROVED - Optimize video format conversions used in ISO recording
- IMPROVED - Organize Add Source Menu
- IMPROVED - Periscope - Change the "Start Broadcast" menu item to "Go Live"
- IMPROVED - Playlists always transitions all layers rather than just the playlist layer.
- IMPROVED - Remove Blank Shot that appears with New Document
- IMPROVED - Remove Camera Preview window
- IMPROVED - Removed Apply button in Capture Card settings as it applies with changes automatically
- IMPROVED - Request: Relabel the document recovery message
- IMPROVED - Request: Replace the "Clear Layer" (Blank Shot) icon
- IMPROVED - Smaller resize range for audio mixer
- IMPROVED - Support for Viewership when streaming to multiple destinations
- IMPROVED - System Audio Capture Should say "Select Audio device: instead of "Audio Settings"
- IMPROVED - Take out the padding around the Preview and Master audio meters
- IMPROVED - Update Twitch Encoding Settings
- IMPROVED - Use the boxed icons from the Mixer in the main UI for Monitor and Mute.
- IMPROVED - Users do not need to restart the app for deinterlacing to work
- FIXED - (HiDPI) Wirecast icon is low resolution
- FIXED - (MAC) (High Sierra) Installer text is hard to read
- FIXED - (MAC) Application becomes inaccessible if a user attempts to "Authorize" to "YouTube" while offline
- FIXED - (MAC) Audio timestamps passed to external display output plugins are broken
- FIXED - (MAC) CEF process separation caused some pages to no longer load correctly
- FIXED - (MAC) Crash with specific URL's in the "Web Display" widget
- FIXED - (MAC) Dragging the main document UI to the minimum size causes Preview and Live to disappear when the shot editor is open
- FIXED - (MAC) OpenGL crash when opening a specific document
- FIXED - (MAC) Record to disk - ProRes Proxy codec records H.264 video
- FIXED - (MAC) Wirecast can crash when selecting a font for title text on Mac
- FIXED - (MAC)Apple H.264 hardware encoder disappears when in use
- FIXED - (Widgets) Black hex color boxes are unreadable in the "New Source Dialog" window for multiple widget sources
- FIXED - (WIN) "Drop Shadow" font style does not match other menu options in the "Preview Inspector"
- FIXED - (WIN) "Record to Disk -Window Media" is cropped off in the "Output Statistics" window
- FIXED - (WIN) (NDI) Clicking "Reconnect" button quickly 5 or more times causes Wirecast to hang
- FIXED - (WIN) (NDI) Source doesn't always show up in the capture devices
- FIXED - (WIN) 32-bit Virtual camera DirectShow filter fails to register
- FIXED - (WIN) Authentication error message shows up twice for several destinations
- FIXED - (WIN) Colors do not look right and scaling is off when capturing from YCbCr 4:2:0 video sources
- FIXED - (WIN) Crash after exiting Wirecast while tearing down DirectShow device
- FIXED - (WIN) Cursor does not change to the "pointer" hand when hovering over hyperlinks in Windows
- FIXED - (WIN) Damaged resource notification refers to Mac file type in Windows
- FIXED - (WIN) DINPro font does not work in Text Widget
- FIXED - (WIN) Encoder audio settings should be limited to 192kbps on Windows only
- FIXED - (WIN) External Display Output on Windows will sometimes be very pixelated
- FIXED - (WIN) Incorrect error message is displayed when attempting to record Program Replay to a read-only folder
- FIXED - (WIN) ISO recordings of DirectShow sources do not start until the source is in the canvas (preview or live)
- FIXED - (WIN) Mouse Scroll wheel does not work in Asset Manager
- FIXED - (WIN) Output settings window not populating Taskbar or Windows Peak
- FIXED - (WIN) Preview/Live flickers with GeForce GTX 980M
- FIXED - (WIN) Recordings created in VLC are crashing Wirecast
- FIXED - (WIN) 'Replay+ISO', 'Replay' and 'Twitter' menu items don't have hotkey shortcut letters underlined
- FIXED - (WIN) Scrubbing the scrollbar for the 'Titles' window too fast will cause the application to hang
- FIXED - (WIN) Setting YouTube event to a pre-POSIX start date will crash the application
- FIXED - (WIN) Starting NDI or Blackmagic output with specific settings will cause crash
- FIXED - (WIN) Titles browsing will not depict thumbnails on initial launch of window
- FIXED - (WIN) Verify that AVerMedia Live Gamer HD2 GC570 works with Wirecast
- FIXED - (WIN) Windows video playback and encoded output on GTX960 is stuttering
- FIXED - (WIN) Wirecast installer shows when opening document from explorer
- FIXED - (WIN) YUV sources have washed out colors with NVIDIA GPUs
- FIXED - [Facebook] (WIN) Reduce jerkiness when switching between scheduling states
- FIXED - [Facebook] authentication page has scroll bars on the bottom and side
- FIXED - [Facebook] Progress indicator will not stop if user cancels authentication prematurely
- FIXED - [Facebook] refactor destination
- FIXED - [Facebook] sponsor setting does not recognize verified page properly
- FIXED - [Facebook] Text in the Description Field is a little too far right on Mac
- FIXED - [Facebook] Time box is slightly misaligned compared to the Start Date menu
- FIXED - [Facebook] Title and Description fields inherit strings from deleted events
- FIXED - [Facebook] Unable to Tab from Title field to Description field in Output Settings
- FIXED - [Facebook] Users can bypass the Facebook configuration validation by having another destination
- FIXED - 1080p Anamorphic setting is not 1440x1080
- FIXED - Adding audio filter de-highlights the headphones icon in the audio mixer
- FIXED - Audio bitrate settings that are not valid for the encoder are populating the list
- FIXED - Audio Effects disappear with playlist shot switching
- FIXED - Blackmagic encoder presets causing a crash
- FIXED - Changing encoder resolution with Auto Canvas breaks color controls
- FIXED - Changing the UI to show program results in black bars
- FIXED - Clear Layer can be deleted via Edit menu
- FIXED - Corrupted encoding presets could cause documents to fail to open
- FIXED - Crash in project with many duplicating titles and playlists
- FIXED - Crash when importing an MOV in QuickTime Animation format
- FIXED - Crash when switching between Audio FX and/or slider settings within the same slot
- FIXED - Cropped DP Shot does not hold settings after closing Wirecast
- FIXED - Cropping then moving the image causes resizing
- FIXED - Cursor rapidly switches icons during hover after adding a WebStream device to the Shot Bin
- FIXED - Default window height does not show the auto-populated shot on the 3rd layer
- FIXED - Disable keyboard shortcut for deleting a shot while the shot editor is open
- FIXED - Disconnecting secondary monitor while External Display Output is active does not terminate external viewport
- FIXED - Display persists through the External Display Output after closing document
- FIXED - External Display Obscuring Wirecast on some systems when external display is unplugged
- FIXED - External Display Output only available to the first Wirecast document
- FIXED - Hang when ending stream while still recording
- FIXED - Image shifts slightly whenever the user uses the crop attribute
- FIXED - Image Slideshow source does not convert from OBS converter
- FIXED - Indefinite hang in the GlobalHotkeyMonitor
- FIXED - ISO - Segmented and Replay recordings will drop one frame in between segments
- FIXED - ISO not creating files - Bluefish 444 Epoch 4K Neutron
- FIXED - Localization: Japanese: "Channel" is not localized when certain Broadcast Destinations are selected
- FIXED - Localization: Japanese: "Refresh" does not fit within the associated button in the USB Devices window
- FIXED - Localization: Locate missing Asset prompt displays placeholder text
- FIXED - Localization: Matte selections in the Configure Visual Effects tab are not localized
- FIXED - Localization: Multiple strings are not localized in the Desktop Presenter configuration pane
- FIXED - Localization: Select Screen Region text is cut off due to line-wrapping beyond the text box
- FIXED - Localization: Text does not display properly in the USB Devices window
- FIXED - Localization: Text is cut off on the Configure Cropping tab
- FIXED - Localization: The Wirecast Menu is not localized
- FIXED - Long audio interface names in audio mixer are being cut off
- FIXED - Minimize and maximize buttons react on mouse down rather than mouse up
- FIXED - Missing Twitch ingest servers in output settings
- FIXED - Multiple error messages generated for incorrect authentication to custom partner destinations
- FIXED - Pixelated text in lower third
- FIXED - Problems invalidating or updating Playlist Shot UI Tabs after the Playlist Shot is moved to another Master Layer
- FIXED - Record to Disk - MP4 x264 files have an edit list that excludes almost every frame in the first GOP
- FIXED - Remove Hitbox CDN as it no longer exists
- FIXED - Replay mark in displays incorrectly within the UI for ISO Recordings
- FIXED - Replay/ISO menu has two listings for "Configure" and "Configure ISO Outputs"
- FIXED - Same shortcut won't work if assigned to multiple actions
- FIXED - Scoreboard text size is too big
- FIXED - Selecting between options on the Source Properties tab causes Video/Audio to stutter with Blackmagic devices
- FIXED - Selecting Solid Background under Text Properties Defaults to a Background with 0% Opacity
- FIXED - Selecting the currently selected External Display Output causes the output image to disappear
- FIXED - Shot-level audio settings affect other shots using the same sources
- FIXED - Strict CBR sometimes fluctuates more than it should
- FIXED - Support for Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
- FIXED - Text Properties Background Color - Auto Switching to None
- FIXED - Text Properties window contents can be highlight selected
- FIXED - Text Tool - Clicking on Shadow Attribute Sliders does not apply correctly
- FIXED - TextField - Undo/Redo doesn't always function
- FIXED - The aspect ratio of a text source can become corrupted in certain situations
- FIXED - The mix minus and mute state is not being updated between the Audio Mixer and Source Properties
- FIXED - There are too many encoding templates to display them all in the Output Settings dialog's Encoding popup menu
- FIXED - Tooltip for create replay shot button is "Update Replay Shot"
- FIXED - Twitch output configuration is sluggish in the "Output Settings"
- FIXED - Unable to access the "Output Settings" while outputting to "Virtual Camera Out"
- FIXED - Update Monitor Checkbox to button in mixer
- FIXED - Update Twitch API to V5
- FIXED - Video can stutter on some occasions with Replay Templates
- FIXED - Virtual Camera not working in Skype
- FIXED - When attempting to connect to Facebook, re-clicking the stream button causes hang
- FIXED - When modifying the Output Settings you need to press Create in the Facebook config
- FIXED - Wirecast 6.0.5 Update Can't Stream Audio with Sample Rates <44.1KHz
- FIXED - Wirecast/Ustream will crash if audio mixer is present when first opening
- FIXED - With certain equipment workflows, audio dropouts can occur during shot switching
- FIXED - x264 Encoding Produces Increasing/Excessive Keyframes
- FIXED - x264 Outputs with a resolution of 480x270 can cause the encoder to fail